Thursday 2 February 2012

Quiet Book - Part III



 Finally, an update on the quiet book. I have finally picked up where I left off, after a few weeks' break. I decided to do the pages in calico, and hand embroider the words just in my regular printing. It's definitely not perfect, but it is 'created with love' as the title page says.

I am rather happy with how the clothes turned out. In the end, I used tigertail threaded through tiny pegs with small couching stitches on either side of the pegs, attached at the ends through vintage buttons, and threaded back and forth through the calico page. It's a little crowded, the downside of making so many clothes! Seeing them all lined up on the A4 page like that gives you a better idea of the size of each item of clothing.


 Below left is the finished shoe-tying page, although I may need to re-thread the eyelets with something more stable than the novelty yarn that is currently acting as shoe laces. Below right is the almost-complete page that will be next to the shoe-tying page in the book. It is supposed to be the back of a head, if you can't tell (and you would most certainly be forgiven for not being able to guess!). It's a rather full head of hair, rather more full than Eliza's actual hair, but that was due to me having in my possession some half-finished craft projects passed down from my grandmother...I just gave this doll's hair (I think that is what it was going to be?) a trim. It is going to make the book rather fat.


To see the previous pages on the Quiet Book, you can go here.
Comments and suggestions are most welcome :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the do your hair page. but how did you get the hair to stay? It looks like it wont pull out when pulled on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clothing page, do you have templates for them?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love that you are thinking of commenting on my blog. Please do! I love comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...