Sunday 26 August 2012

Nursery Decor

I had the pleasure of attending a baby shower yesterday for a dear friend and cousin. It got me thinking about how many friends and family members have had babies in the last twelve months. I stopped counting at TEN. 

I just adore babies! There is something so special about preparing for the birth of a new little person.

One of the first questions people tend to ask a pregnant woman is: "Do you know if it is a boy or a girl, or are you going to have a surprise?" I have had two surprises, mainly because my darling hubby really wanted it that way. Part of me was itching to know in order to prepare. We stuck to a green jungle theme for the nursery.

 A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a new customer who is pregnant with a baby girl. She asked me to embroider a drawing her five year old son did of his new sister, to hang on the nursery wall. She is decorating in pastel tones, with a collection of different sized embroidery hoop art pieces on one wall.


As you can see from the above drawing, her son chose bright, bold colours. However, we adjusted the embroidery colours to match the pastel colour scheme of the room.

After receiving the embroidery, the customer emailed me, telling me of her son's delight in seeing his drawing in stitched form, and commissioned me to do another embroidery for the nursery. What an honour! This time, I shall be stitching the Napoleon quote: Let her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains. 

I can't wait to see the finished nursery wall!

 

1 comment:

  1. Candice, many thanks for your gorgeous craft! It's going to have a great place on the nursery wall and will go in her 21st treasure box together with her brother's drawing! Looking forward to receiving your second embroidery hoop! xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love that you are thinking of commenting on my blog. Please do! I love comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...