Monday 30 January 2012

Retro Babies

 Yes. That does say $3. What a bargain! I found this gorgeously illustrated 1970s sewing book at my local op-shop, and just HAD to buy it. And yes, the patterns are all still there, and still in their plastic wrapper. Hurray!
 
The illustrations are almost as irresistible as the vintage patterns! I love just looking at it!



 Of course, I would actually like to make some of the clothes in the book, but have too many other projects on the go at the moment to get started. So for now, just feasting my eyes on the sweetness will have to do.

 The real benefit for me with these patterns is that they are made for wearing over cloth nappies. As a user of modern cloth nappies, I often find that the modern clothes are difficult to fit - especially onesies. When they fit baby in the torso, they are too tight around the nappy, as they are usually made to be worn over disposables.
 I'd love to try my hand at some of these gorgeous little ruffle panties and overdress sets. They remind me of some of the amazing clothing that my friend Kathryn of Kathryn's Creations makes - check out her online store.




 Where do you get your sewing/crafting inspiration from?



1 comment:

Hi! I love that you are thinking of commenting on my blog. Please do! I love comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...