Friday 19 August 2011

Childcraft Make and Do

I am currently reminiscing about my childhood. We had a set of Childcraft Encyclopedias at home, which we loved very much.


One of my favourite volumes was 'Make and Do'. How I loved to pour over the bright, colourful pages full of promise and inspiration. The idea of creating things from simple everyday boxes, toilet rolls, paper plates, and wool would create a sense of excitement and anticipation.

Last time I was home, I had to drag hubby to the encyclopedia collection and locate the much-loved 'Make and Do' volume to share my childhood excitement with a fellow project-lover. Flicking through the book, I realised that I cannot actually remember which projects I actually made. But I guess that was not the point. The fun was in the inspiration and the creating process, the outcome was only a bonus that probably got thrown out when I had forgotten about it a few weeks later.

I am finding the same sense of excitement and inspiration with Pinterest at present. The photos, the concepts, the possibility of 'I could make that!'. What remains to be seen is if I will actually make and cherish any of the projects I am pinning...

You can see my Pinterest board here: http://pinterest.com/candykins


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love that you are thinking of commenting on my blog. Please do! I love comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...